Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Think ENDA, not N'Sync

I'm gay. I love the news. And I devour news that is of substantial relevance to the GLBT community.

At present, no website completely satisfies me in this regard. Some sites put too much emphasis on the gay side of the equation (think stories about Elton John). Other sites put too much emphasis on news (think general stories about Hillary that are acutely irrelevant to any gay political issue).

I'm hoping to steer a middle course that will be more focused, and - at least to me - more interesting. Think ENDA; not N'Sync...

"Ok, sure, whatever," you may say. "But what is the origin and significance of the title of this blog?"

To that I would reply "If you don't already know, then you probably wouldn't care."

If I were in a slightly more charitable mood, however, I would tell you that the origin of the name is "an extremely funny segment from the Daily Show with John Stewart." And the Significance? "It makes me laugh."

Ok, Ok, here's the clip: http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Video_Daily_Show_reveals_Opus_Gay_1011.html

No comments:

Post a Comment